Tuesday 20 July 2010

Amelia's Fashion Open Design Brief



I thought i'd share the work I created for Amelia's Magazine Fashion Brief!

The image above is an illustration of me! This was part of the competition - an illustration of yourself which would accompany your work if you were chosen to be in the book! I like the drawing but perhaps I should have worked more colour into it? Hmm maybe i'll revisit this sometime :)

I have been really inspired by fashion illustration recently (I plan to write my dissertation on it!), so when I saw this competition I couldn't resist giving it a go myself!

I chose to illustrate designer Ada Zanditon, mainly because of the bold bright designs she creates! The colours really drew me to them.






The final one is my favourite I think! I love working with a combination of line drawing, thick shading, bright colours and scanned images or collage!

In these images I coloured the sections I felt should stand out - the clothes and also the luscious, bright colour of their lips!

I really enjoyed this - was very fun to do! :)

Abby :)

3 comments:

  1. These (especially that last one) are fantastic!! Can really imagine them in context...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you started your blog! Brilliant work, I look forward to seeing more of it :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.