Friday 25 February 2011

I love you so much ♥

I just wanted to write a quick post about me and my dad. He was the nicest, sweetest man and the most amazing father I could hope for. He died very suddenly of a brain hemorrhage a week after I started University, and so I only took a two weeks out.

Having my life torn apart when I'd just started my course was so hard, I'd also just moved into a student house and I wanted to join in the fun. Dealing with my mum's grief at the same time was possibly the hardest bit, being in love myself, I can only imagine the pain of loosing someone you have been with for 35 years. I tried so hard not to give up and I'm so glad I didn't.

I just want to say thank you to all my followers here and on twitter who have given me much confidence in myself and work, you make it all worthwhile :)

I'm also very proud of my sisters, brother and my wonderful mum who has done so well, seeing her smile now makes me so so happy ♥ and thank you Mat for helping me through the pain then and now.




 

8 comments:

  1. Aw Abby *hugs* You're so strong. Your mum is awesome too, when I met her. Such a tragedy. But he is looking down at you and so so proud of what you've achieved in your career, and you haven't even graduated yet!! Amazing. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart, had a little tear in my eye reading that. Bless you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Abby this post is lovely and remember he is your angel he is taking care of you, he will always be with you! x :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a star shining bright above and must be so proud of you Abby. HUGS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been such a strong person, i can't begin to imagine how hard coping with such a situation would be. I bet your dad would be proud of your wonderful work! You're a brilliant artist and also a very strong person. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much ladies, you're words really do mean so much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Proudness* is exactly what he would be feeling and you are a credit to him xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.